NCC Aims, Motto, Oath, Pledge & Objectives of NCC
- To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizen.
- b. To create a human resource of organized trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed Forces and be always available for the service of the nation.
The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The mottos suggested were "Duty and Discipline"; "Duty, Unity and Discipline"; "Duty and Unity"; "Unity and Discipline". The final decision for selection of "Unity and Discipline" as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 October, 1980.
"I do hereby solemnly promise that I will serve my motherland most truly and loyally and that, I will abide by the rules and regulations of the National Cadet Crops. Further under the command and control of my commanding officer I will participate in every camp most sincerely and wholeheartedly".
We the cadet of the national cadet corps, do solemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of India. We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizen of our nation. We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings.
5. Objectives of NCC
- To fulfill the requirements expected in the latest socio-economic scenario in India.
- To develop character, discipline, comradeship, secular outlook, ideals of selfless services and adventure spirits amongst large numbers of young citizens.
- To create a pool of trained, organized and motivated youth with various leadership qualities in every walk of their life and serve the Nation irrespective of career they choose.
- To provide a sound environment conducive towards motivating large numbers of young people of India to join armed forces.